Hitting home runs for your team is one of the most satisfying things for a hitter in slowpitch softball. While all batters will want to have as many home run hits as possible, they are not always easy to get. And one of the main reasons for this is a wrong choice of slowpitch bat.
Even as you spend a lot of time practicing on how to swing bats and hits balls for home runs, it is vital that you start by getting the right bat. You might have a lot of talent and practice a lot, but without the proper bat, you should not expect to get as many home runs as you would want. Choosing the best homerun or power hitter bat should not be hard if you know the features to look for and also have some idea of which are the best slowpitch softball bats for home runs.
Top 3 Best Slowpitch Softball Bats For Homeruns
Features Of A Slowpitch Softball Bat For A Homerun Hitter
As a homerun hitter, you will have many options to pick from when shopping for a bat. But how do you choose the right bat for your game? Here are some features that you should consider.
The slowpitch bat material is one of the most important factors to consider not only for homerun hitters but any other player that wants a high performing slowpitch bat.
In most instances, you need to pick between composite and aluminum. But for home runs, it is always better to go for a composite bat. With a composite bat, you will get a better pop thanks to the multi-core barrel, and there will also be fewer vibrations to make it comfortable and hence easy for you hit home runs.
Power is the key to getting home runs and doing it consistently. A long barrel that also has a large end load means that you will be able to generate more power. And so it will always be a good idea to go for something with a Supermax end load. But, make sure that the bat is also not too weighty as it will slow your swing and you will not be able to hit home runs.
Large Sweet Spot
Since the contact that you make is also significant for home runs, you should always go for a slowpitch bat with a large sweet spot. Also, it should be easy to locate. An unmissable sweet spot ensures that you hit the bat at the right place and if you combine this with the massive power that you generate you will hit more home runs.
You do not need a two-piece bat to hit a home run because you can still do it with a one-piece. However, the two-piece bats will provide more flex which is vital for homerun hitters. They also have a trampoline effect and have less vibration which are all positive attributes for power hitters.
Top 3 Best Slowpitch Softball Bats For Homeruns
DeMarini Stadium CL22 Slow Pitch Softball Bat
With the DeMarini CL22, you can get one home run after the other as it will crush everything that the pitchers throw at you. This beautiful bat comes with some appealing graphics, but there is way much more to it than the looks.
The two-piece bat features an S.ONE Composite barrel, ZnX Alloy handle, Big D End Cap and an RCK knob. These features and designs combine to make it one of the best performing end load bats, and you can use it for most slowpitch tournaments as it has approvals from ISA, NSA, and USSSA.
Features and Benefits
- S.ONE Composite Barrel: This technology is unique to this series of bats, and it ensures that players get maximum stiffness and explosiveness.
- Big D End Cap: The stiff end cup on this bat increases the end load to provide more power and also redirects the energy back to the sweet spot.
- ZnX Alloy Handle: The ZnX handle also helps to make this a good bat for homerun hitters by creating less flex and also boosting the performance of the barrel.
- RCK Knob: You can be confident that you will always get a comfortable grip when swinging this bat as it has an RCK knob that will fit the bottom of your hand perfectly.
- Approvals: It comes with certifications from ISA, NSA, and USSSA meaning that you can use it to play in most of the major tournaments in the USA.
- This bat will feel great on your hand, and many hitters will find it easy to swing.
- It is quite an affordable bat.
- This slowpitch bat guarantees that you always get a comfortable grip thanks to the RCK knob
- You can use it in most of the major tournaments.
- Stiff end cap increases end load and redirects the power back to the sweet spot.
- It is a super hot bat of the wrapper that requires little break-in.
- The sweet spot is not large enough, and it might be a little hard to locate at first.
- Many players still need to add some lizard skin to the grip.
- It will not last for as long as many other high-end bats for power hitters
Miken Ultra II Slowpitch Bat
The Miken Ultra II is a fantastic one-piece slowpitch bat that features a 100% composite construction. It uses a Carbon X-Shell technology to enhance durability and to maximize the distances, and so you can always be sure of getting some impressive distances on each contact.
Other features that make this a fantastic slowpitch bat include the E-Flex Ultra Tech that maximizes the sweet spot to improve performance and a comfortable Ultra Bond Grip.
Features and Benefits
- Carbon X-Shell Tech: Miken utilizes Carbon X-shell technology when making this bat to give it maximum durability and to maximize distance. And so a power hitter can always be confident of getting a long range with every contact.
- One-Piece Construction: This slowpitch softball bat features a one-piece 100% composite construction but with minimal vibrations.
- E-Flex Ultra-Tech: Miken uses their unique E-flex ultra technology on this bat to improve its performance and to maximize the sweet spot. This feature gives it one of the largest and easy to locate sweet spot on a softball bat.
- Approvals: It has certification stamps from SPA, LVSSA, and SSUSA. However, it is also important to note that it does not have certifications from USSSA and ASA.
- It is a hot softball bat when you get it, and so you only need to do a little break-in.
- This bat has one of the largest sweet spots among slowpitch softball bats.
- Pure composite construction makes it a very durable bat.
- It is one of the few bats out there that can improve your range by double digits.
- The bat grip is one of the best on the market, and the handle is just the right size for a power hitter.
- There are no complicated graphics or color combinations, but it still has a very appealing look.
- It is an easy to swing bat that will not feel too weighty on your hand.
- There are a few complaints about the bat cracking or breaking after a few months.
- It is still not legal for use in many tournaments.
- This slowpitch bat will not come with a warranty.
- The performance level seems to drop as it wears out
Miken DC-41 Supermax Slowpitch Bat
Any home run hitters looking for a reliable bat can always trust Miken to have one that will impress them. Their DC-41 Supermax is a high performing and durable bat that features a full ounce end load to help you generate more power for every hit.
It also uses some modern technologies to improve the performance and make it comfortable and easy to use. These features include the Triple Matrix Core, Flex 2 Power and the Revolutionary 100 Comp construction. The Miken DC-41 comes with approvals from NSA, ISA, and USSSA.
Features and Benefits
- Triple Matrix Core: This technology increases the composite volume on this bat by up to 15% and eliminates the seam to maximize the performance and make this a more durable bat.
- Flex 2 Power: Flex 2 Power (F2P) optimizes the flex and barrel loading to provide maximum speed through the zone.
- 100 Comp Design: The material of the bat is a crucial factor, and Miken understands this. They make the DC-41 with 100% premium aerospace grade fibers to give hitters legendary performance and make the bat very long lasting.
- Supermax Endload: With a full ounce end load, this bat makes it possible to generate a lot of power so that you get those home runs that you desire.
- Approvals: It has certification stamps from different organizations including NSA, ISA, and USSSA.
- You will not have any problem hitting balls over the fence because this bat crashes them effortlessly.
- The massive sweet spot is easy to locate even for armatures.
- There are almost no vibrations at all on this bat, and it also has minimum dead spots.
- It has a fantastic pop, and it is hot out of the wrapper meaning it will not need a lot of breaking-in.
- The triple matrix core design helps to eliminate seams to improve performance and durability.
- If appearance matters to you this bat will impress you because Miken uses some adorable color combinations and some beautiful graphics.
- The impressive quality also makes it a pricey softball bat.
- This bat is very end loaded and will take some time to get used to it even for the experienced power hitters.
- Everyone in your team will want to swing it.
Any team that hopes to make many home runs in their matches will need to do a lot of practice. But, even as you practice and work on your fitness it is necessary to make sure that you have the right bat. A good bat is as essential as having the skills and ability to hit home runs. Knowing what to look for in a slowpitch softball bat for a home run hitter is always the first step. And with our bat reviews above of some of the best models on the market, you will have an easy time getting a high performing bat.