- Rated 4 stars
- DeMarini Bustos Fastpitch Softball Bat Review
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
DeMarini never seems to disappoint when it comes to the manufacture of softball fastpitch bats, and you can always trust them to have something that will impress you. Their drop -13 Bustos is a two-piece DX1 alloy and composite bat but with no sting at all. Some of the features that make this high-performing bat stand out include the Half and Half technology, Fiber Reinforced Handle and Hybrid Comfort Grip. And it has certifications from organizations such as USSSA, ASA, ISF, ISA, and NSA which means that it is legal to use in most tournaments.
Features and Design
- DX1 Alloy: The DX1 alloy barrel delivers a perfect balance between KSI strength and toughness to ensure that you get a high performing and durable softball fastpitch bat.
- Half and Half Tech: This technology creates a superior flex just before impact and also ensures that the bat recoils with an excellent burst of energy so that you always get fast and powerful hits.
- Hybrid Comfort Grip: Besides from the top-notch fiber reinforced handle, this bat also features a two-piece grip design that provides ultimate comfort and tack.
- Handle: The fiber reinforced handle is one of the most outstanding elements on this bat as it not only makes it stable on your hand but also eliminates the harsh feedback and sting.
- Certification: It is an all association softball fastpitch bat that will come with certification from organizations such as USSSA, ASA, ISF, ISA, and NSA.
- It has a large sweet spot that is hard to miss.
- Lots of pop straight from the box.
- The balanced weight distribution makes it easy to swing.
- Hot right out of the wrapper and will require little break-in.
- There is almost no stinging despite this being a two-piece bat.
- This bat has an excellent grip that will feel stable and comfortable in your hand.
- The price tag is excellent given its impressive quality.
- It is certified for play by most of the leading organizations including ASA and USSSA.
- The pop tends to wear out faster than expected.
- It would have been even better if it was a full composite.
- There are some complaints about the durability.
- The graphics and color combinations are not the best.
The all association Bustos bat by DeMarini is as good as they get and any player swinging it can always be confident of some impressive swing speeds and power. It has lots of pop straight from the box, and it will require minimal break-in. And so it will be a perfect choice for the players that want something that they can use straight from the wrapper. The balance swing weight makes it an ideal choice for the contact hitters as it will be easy to swing. And it also has a massive sweet spot that is hard to miss even for inexperienced players.
The other factors that make the DeMarini Bustos worth buying for fastpitch players include the fact that there is almost no stinging at all despite this being a two-piece bat and the fiber reinforced handle with an excellent and comfortable grip. And although there are also a few shortcomings such as graphics and colors not being attractive enough there is nothing significant that can affect the performance of the bat. And so this is still a good investment for the fastpitch players.