- Rated 5 stars
- Easton Mako Realtree End Loaded ASA Slowpitch Softball Bat Review
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
Having a quality bat like the Mako Realtree End Loaded is the best thing that can happen to a slowpitch batter when on the box. This ASA bat also has certification from ISF, and it is a two-piece that uses the CXN technology to join the two sections so as to ensure maximum energy transfer. It also has an end loaded swing weight, but anybody can use it once they get used to it. The handle is 29/32 inch in diameter, and it has an ultra-thin gauze grip.
Features and Design
- Tournament Certification: Easton markets it as an ASA, but it is important to note that it also has an approval stamp from the ISF.
- CXN 2 Piece Tech: This bat has a two piece design but it uses the modern CXN technology to join them, and this ensures maximum energy transfer and also eliminates vibrations and stings.
- Swing Weight: It has an end loaded swing weight making it perfect for power hitters, but anybody can use it as it only requires them to get used to it.
- SIC Composite Handle: Mako Realtree comes with a SIC Black Carbon Composite handle that will provide a stiff flex and also tune out any negative vibrations for maximum comfort and performance.
- Thermo Composite Technology: The TCT gives the bat a generous sweet spot and also keeps the swing weight low to ensure that players at different levels can use it comfortably and more efficiently.
- Handle: It has a thin 29/32 handle with an Ultra-Thin Gauze Grip that you will probably need to replace after some time with your favorite lizard skin.
- It has a great feel with lots of pop, and this makes it a top notch slowpitch bat.
- This bat is hot out of the wrapper, and so it does not need any break in time.
- The sound that it makes is fantastic and also a confidence booster.
- Mako Realtree has a great price especially if you compare it to the value that it gives you.
- If you like an attractive bat, then this is perfect for you because it has some amazing graphics and patterns.
- Feels light and balanced, and so anybody can swing it effortlessly.
- You can be sure that it will serve you for many years because of the high quality built materials.
- End load feels awkward especially for a contact hitter, and so it will take some time to get used to it.
- It gets some surface cracks after a while, but this is only normal wear and tear.
- The grip is not bad, but it will start making your hands sore, and so you need to change it.
- Although it is a great bat the sweet spot is not very large and it will take some time before you figure it out.
Easton Mako Realtree is an end loaded bat that is designed to ensure that you will not need to buy another slowpitch bat for many years. The graphics and camo color pattern are amazing, and they make it look stunning. However, the looks are not the only thing that makes it stand out because it also has many other merits such as the fact that it is hot of the wrapper and the amazing sound that it makes. The few cons like surface cracks due to wear and tear will not affect its performance in any way. And so if you are looking for a best ASA softball bat that will serve you well and for a long time then this is a perfect buy.