- Rated 5 stars
- Easton Synergy Elite Fastpitch Series Catcher's Mitt Review
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
The Synergy Elite from Easton is an amazing mitt that will be perfect for female players that are serious about the game. It is of dear-tanned Cowhide leather with a CRS Palm for maximum shock absorption. Synergy Elite has Hog Hide Lining on the palm and Sponge-Tricot on the fingers that give it a soft and very comfortable feel. This mitt also comes with a Lock Down Strap that is adjustable for a secure and custom fit.
Features and Design
- Material: The material is what sets this glove apart from the others and also what makes it an ideal choice for female players that are serious about the game. It has a deer-tanned Cowhide leather that makes the mitt soft durable and very sound structurally.
- VRS Palm: Synergy also features a VRS palm pad that gives it an impressive shock absorption capability. And so with this mitt, a catcher will not have to worry about any shock or sting that comes from the ball impact.
- Hog Hide Lining: The Hog Hide lining on the palm gives this glove a soft and very comfortable feel. Also, it has a sponge-tricot lining on the fingers that also adds to the soft feel and comfort.
- Hand Orientation: Easton Synergy Elite is available in designs for both right and left-hand throwers. But just like with most other mitts the ones for right hand are a little more expensive than those for left-hand throwers.
- Lock Down Wrist Strap: Closure is always an essential factor when it comes to catcher’s mitt, and so you should never overlook it. This glove comes with a lock Down Wrist Strap that is adjustable, so the catcher will always get a custom, secure and very comfortable fit.
- The soft materials make it easy to break-in.
- Adjustable Velcro provides a comfortable and secure fit.
- It has some moisture control lining to prevent accumulation of moisture.
- The padding offers maximum protection from stings.
- It has a distinctive design to conform to the size and shape of a woman's hand.
- The genuine leather material makes it a very durable mitt.
- This glove is also lightweight which means it will not affect a catcher’s movement.
- The standard design basket web gives it a classic and stylish look that most players will love.
- The pocket would be better with some extra depth.
- Ladies with large hands may find it too tight.
- The expensive price tag is a significant drawback for many catchers.
You should never settle for anything less than perfect when it comes to buying a best catcher’s mitt because besides from your skills and talent it is the other important thing that you will need to succeed when playing. But, you cannot go wrong with the Synergy Elite from Easton as it is as good as any contemporary Mitt can get. Everything from the construction to the choice of materials for both the outside shell and palm is excellent.
Also, the optimized design ensures that it conforms to and fits the female hand perfectly. Apart from this the glove also comes with soft oil-tanned leather that gives it an adorable look and a classic feel that every female catcher will love. However, it will require some break-in which some players might not like, and the price is also on the higher side. But, there is no significant concern with this glove because everything about is perfect which means that a female catcher will not regret owning one.
Read more: Easton BX1300B 13-inch Softball Glove Review