- Rated 4.5 stars
- Easton TB17SPD13 Speed Aluminum Tee-Ball Bat
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
Tee Ball is the first encounter with baseball or softball for a majority of players. And it is also the first time that many get to swing a bat. Hence having the right tee ball bat is always vital as the kids learn to play softball or baseball. The Easton TB17SPD13 aluminum alloy bat is high quality and easy to swing, and you can be sure that your kids will love it. Also, it features an ultra-thin handle with a cushioned grip that makes it very comfortable and an end cap to redirect energy back to the sweet spot. And it has approvals for play in various leagues including the Little League and USSSA.
Features and Design
- Material: This one-piece bat features an aluminum alloy construction that makes it highly durable and high performing with minimal vibration and no sting.
- Drop: The -13 length to weight ratio of this bat make it lightweight and easy to swing for the young players and also gives them some super fast swing speeds for some impressive shots.
- End Cap: This Tee Ball bat also includes an end cap that will help to redirect the energy back to the barrel to ensure that the young players get some powerful shots.
- Handle and Grip: Easton uses the ultra-thin 29/32-inch handle on this bat and a cushioned grip to make it super comfortable for the players and also eliminate the sting that comes from ball impact.
- Certifications: For certifications, this bat comes with approvals from Babe Ruth, Little League, Pony, Dixie and also the USSSA.
- Colorway: It comes in a black and yellow colorway and with some minimalistic graphics to enhance the look.
- Durable aluminum alloy construction
- End cap helps to redirect energy back to the sweet spot.
- Ultra-thin handle with cushioned grip for extra comfort and stability through the strike zone.
- Lightweight enough even for beginners.
- One-piece construction eliminates sting and minimizes vibrations.
- It has approvals for play from various organizations including the USSSA.
- The sweet ping sound on impact help to boost the young player’s confidence.
- It is highly resistant to denting and breaking.
- The large sweet spot is also easy to locate.
- The graphics and color combinations need some improvement.
- Might not work well for kids with some experience as it might feel a little short and too lightweight.
- Not very good for use with hard balls.
- It is suitable for tee ball play only.
Tee-Ball bats are one of those things that you will need to buy for your little ones when introducing them to softball or baseball. And this aluminum alloy one from Easton is one of the best in the market. The one-piece bat is also lightweight enough to give the young players extra power when swinging the bat. And it also comes with an ultra-thin handle with a cushioned grip for comfort and stability through the strike zone.
There is almost no shortcoming with this bat besides from minor issues such as the graphics not being impressive enough and the fact that it is only suitable for tee ball play. And so this is an excellent bat for your little ones as it will be easy for them to swing as they learn the game.