- Rated 4 stars
- First Pitch Baseline Pitching Machine Review
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
Any extra practice that you can get at beyond the field always makes a significant difference for a baseball or softball batter. The First Pitch Baseline pitching machine makes it possible for youth baseball/softball players to get the extra swings that they need to improve their game. It is also a suitable pitching machine for coaching.
This portable pitching machine features a 1/4 horsepower motor that can generate speeds of up to 80 mph, reversible legs, 360-degree rotation and a full-size tire. You can use it to practice everything from fastballs to fly balls and grounders and so it will be helpful for players that want to improve different aspects of their game. And it operates on the standard AC power that you get in most households, and so you can use it in your backyard straight from the box.
Features and Design
- Motor: It has a powerful 1/4 horsepower motor that can pitch baseballs at speeds of up to 70 mph and 60 mph for softball. This pitching machine will operate on standard household AC power.
- Pitches: This machine will throw fastballs, pop-ups, change-ups, grounders and fly balls. And so you can use it to sharpen different aspects of your game. Apart from the variety of pitches this machine also features a contoured skid plate that improves the precision and ensures ball longevity.
- Reversible Legs: The reversible legs make it possible to switch from baseball to softball fast and without using any tools.
- 360-Degree Rotation: It will rotate up to 360-degree easily to ensure that it can cover the entire field hence making it perfect for fielding practice.
- Steel Legs: The steel legs are very durable to ensure you use the pitching machine for many years and they are also capped for use on any surface.
- Full-Size Tire: The full-size tire gives this pitching machine a long life and also helps to minimize the ball wear.
- It pitches up to 70 mph.
- The reversible legs make it suitable for both baseball and softball.
- It has a full-size tire to ensure it lasts long and to minimize ball wear.
- This pitching machine will operate on the standard AC power in most houses.
- You can use it with both regulation and dimple baseball/softball.
- It will also pitch pop-ups, change-ups, grounders and fly balls.
- The smooth 360-degree rotation makes it perfect for fielding practice.
- The fast-moving wheel is dangerous especially with children around.
- It is quite a pricey pitching machine.
An accurate pitching machine that allows one to practice different pitches is one of the best things that a baseball or softball player can get. This one from First Pitch provides this and much more and it will help you improve your game within a short time. Also, it is very convenient to use since the assembly and adjustments require no tools and you can move from baseball to softball quickly thanks to the reversible legs.
However, like most other pitching machines it has a few flaws which include the expensive price tag and the fact that the fast-moving wheel poses a significant danger to kids. All in all, it is a top notch and very effective pitching machine, and so it is worth the investment especially for players that want to improve their game fast.