- Rated 4.5 stars
- Louisville Slugger LXT Hyper 17 Fastpitch Softball Bat Review
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
The LXT Hyper 17 from Louisville Slugger is an impressive bat for young fastpitch players. It uses modern technologies like TRU3 and PBF Barrel Tech to ensure and unforgettable experience when swinging it. This amazing softball bat is 100% composite, and it has a 3-Piece design but with minimal vibrations. The weight distribution is balanced, and it combines this with the lightweight and large sweet spot to make sure that every swing yields excellent results. And to top up all these useful features, it also has approvals for play from all the leading associations.
Features and Design
- TRU3 Tech: The TRU3 Dynamic Socket technology on this bat is an improvement from the previous version, and it allows for the necessary movements between the barrel and handle for maximum trampoline effect and to eliminate vibrations.
- Grip: This bat features a Faded Grip which is more comfortable than most other designs, and this makes it suitable for swinging for many hours.
- Approvals: You can use it for most if not all leagues in the USA because it comes with approval certificates from ASA, ISA, ISF, USSSA, and NSA.
- PBF Barrel: The PBF (Performance Barrel-Flex) is another impressive feature of the Hyper LXT 17 because it maximizes power while also giving it a large sweet spot.
- Design and Material: It is a 3-piece and 100% Composite construction bat, and so you can always be sure of an impressive performance and durability.
- Weight Distribution: The balance in the swing weight makes Hyper LXT ideal for young players because most are contact hitters.
- Barrel: The barrel is 2¼ inch in diameter, and it uses Performance Plus Composite and a zero friction with double wall design.
- This bat feels very balanced.
- It launches harder that most others, and it also makes an impressive sound.
- New 3-piece construction makes the softball bat extra comfortable.
- It is hot from the wrapper, and so you will not even need to break it in.
- The sweet spot is large enough and very easy to find.
- Hyper 17 is an all Association fastpitch bat.
- 100% Composite Construction improves its performance while also making it very durable.
- It is a light softball bat that is easy to swing for all players.
- The Hyper 17 will offer young players consistency and increased barrel control.
- The grip tape is not very good, and so most players have to change it.
- It is an expensive bat which will discourage some people from buying it.
- If graphics matter for you the ones on this bat will not impress you.
- Power hitters will not like the balanced swing weight.
The exceptional performance and ultimate feel of the LXT Hyper 17 are just what young players need to enjoy the game and improve their skills. This amazing fastpitch bat comes with a balanced weight distribution, and it has an excellent feel on the hand that makes it easy to swing. It is also lightweight enough and with a large sweet spot that the young players will not have trouble locating. Other elements that make it stand out include the fact that it requires minimal break-in and that it has approvals from all associations. Although it also has a few shortcomings such as the grip the bottom line is that it is an excellent purchase for young players.