- Rated 4.5 stars
- Louisville Slugger X12 Fastpitch Softball Bat Review
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
The X12 is a stylish bat from Louisville Slugger, one of the most reputable companies in the industry. It is a two-piece and 100% Composite bat, and so you can be sure of maximum performance and durability. It comes in various lengths that range between 28 and 33 inches with a drop of -12. This bat comes in a Balanced Swing Weight and standard size barrel and a handle with tournaments approvals from all the major bodies.
Features and Design
- Construction Style: It is a two-piece bat with a special design that ensures that it has minimum vibrations and zero stings.
- Material: Durability should be the list of your concern with this bat because it is a 100% composite bat. Apart from durability the composite also ensures maximum performance.
- Length: This bat comes in a variety of lengths, and so you can be sure of finding something that suits your height or hand length. You get to choose from 33, 32, 31, 30, 29, and 28 inches in bat length.
- Drop: Drop or length to weight ratio of this bat is -12, and this means that it is within the legal limit for use in tournaments and by professional players.
- Weight Distribution: It is a balanced swing weight that feels very light and comfortable. This type of weight distribution makes it an excellent choice for contact hitters.
- Barrel: The barrel is standard size with a diameter of 2¼ inches making it ideal for use by players of all ages.
- Handle: The handle is also standard size with a 7/8 inch diameter and it will work well for various hand sizes.
- Tournament Approvals: You can use this it for mot tournaments in the USA because it has approvals from ISF, ISA, NSA, USSSA, and ASA.
- Balanced swing weight makes it sturdy and fast.
- It is lightweight and easy to swing.
- The bat comes with a robust and durable material.
- Modern design gives it a consistent performance throughout its lifetime.
- It has minimal vibrations and sting.
- You get to choose from different lengths.
- The standard size handle is a perfect fit for most hands.
- This bat looks great, and it has some attractive graphics and colors.
- Price is excellent, and it will save you lots of cash.
- It has almost no pop at all.
- You will have to break it in to enjoy its services.
- The balanced swing weight makes it feel too light for power hitters.
- This bat makes an annoying sound when it comes into contact with a ball.
- Grip needs some improvement, and so you might want to replace it with lizard skin.
There are many softball bat manufacturers out there, but few have always been as consistent as Louisville Slugger, and this is why it is one of the most reputable companies in the industry. The X12 is one of their cheapest bats on the market, but the cost does not reflect low quality because the bat is still a top notch performer. It is quite an attractive two-piece bat that has numerous advantages that you will enjoy as a fastpitch player, but the lightweight and power are what will impress most. However, you cannot overlook the few complaints from customers such as the lack of pop. But, even with all these considerations, the bottom line is that it is a best softball bat that will help take your game a class higher.