- Rated 4.5 stars
- Louisville Slugger Xeno TB Fast Pitch Bat Review
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
There are several things that youth players will need to play and enjoy fastpitch softball but the bat will always be at the top of the list. And so finding the best one should always be a top priority. Lousiville Slugger makes the drop 12.5 Xeno TB specifically for youth players, and it is a one-piece bat made from an aluminum alloy. The bat uses a standard 7/8-inch handle, and it looks and feels great for an easy and comfortable swing. Youth players can use it in most leagues and tournaments as it has approval stamps from ASA, USSSA, ISF, ISA, and NSA.
Features and Design
- Material: Louisville Slugger is famous for making some of the most durable softball bats in the market, and they do not disappoint with this particular one for youth players. They make it from aluminum alloy that is not only highly durable but also more resistant to denting than many other bat materials.
- Design: It is a one-piece bat that is designed to ensure maximum transfer of energy to the barrel. Also, the one-piece design helps to ensure minimal vibration add sting as there are no connections in the different parts of the bat.
- Drop: This bat will come in weight to length ratio of -12.5 which makes it feel well-balanced and hence easy to swing for the youth players.
- Handle: With a standard 7/8-inch handle, this bat is just the perfect size to fit most youth player’s hand. And it also has a comfortable grip to make it easy to swing.
- Look and Feel: There are some detailed graphics on this bat and some appealing color combinations that combine to give it a very impressive appearance, and it is an extremely lightweight bat to make it easy to swing.
- Tournament Approvals: You can use this bat in most tournaments in the USA as it comes with tournament approvals from ASA, USSSA, ISF, ISA, and NSA.
- Sturdy alloy construction for long-lasting service
- Designed specifically for youth players
- Extremely lightweight fastpitch bat
- Well balanced and easy to swing
- Minimal vibrations and almost zero sting
- Approved for play by all the leading organizations
- Graphics look good and the colors will also impress most kids
- Significantly more affordable when compared to similar ones from other brands
- Still requires some long break-in
- It might be a little short for some youth player
- Not very ideal for older and more experienced kids
Youth players that are getting into fastpitch softball need to have the best bats as this will determine not only their performance but also how fast they learn and improve their skills. But, Lousiville Slugger understands all this, and so they make this bat with the youth players in mind, and they try to cater for all their needs from the ease of swinging to an easy-to-locate sweet spot and affordable price tag.
The bat also looks great and feels amazing on the hand which are all vital factors that youth players are looking for on softball bats. And if you also factor in other things like the fact that the bat produces minimal vibration and sting and that it comes with approvals for play from all the leading organizations, you will have a perfect softball bat. And even with the few shortcomings such as the need for break-in, this is still a top-notch fastpitch bat.