- Rated 4.5 stars
- Macgregor Girl's Catcher Gear Pack Review
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
If your little one is into baseball or softball and likes to play at the catcher’s position, you need to make sure that she has the right gear for protection and to enjoy the game. And this one by Macgregor is one of the best in the market. It is a complete set that includes a combo helmet for head and face protection, chest protector with shoulder pads, double knee leg guards and also a large throat protector. Everything on this set is adjustable to provide a secure and comfortable fit and it will be ideal for girls between 9 and 13 years. Also, Macgregor gear pack is available in several color options and so you can be sure that there is something that your little one will like.
Features and Design
- What is in the Set: Macgregor is a complete gear pack for girls and it includes a well-padded and adjustable helmet, adjustable chest protector with shoulder pads, youth double knee leg guards and a 4-inch throat protector.
- Throat Protector: Macgregor makes this gear pack to offer your little girl maximum protection. And so the set also includes a 4-inch throat protector that will offer adequate protection for the neck area.
- Suitable Age: It is an ideal gear pack for girls that are between 9 and 13 years, but the gear can also fit older ones with small bodies.
- Colors: With this gear pack, you get to pick from several colors options that include scarlet, blue, red and royal. And so it will be easy to get a color that suits your child’s tastes or matches her team colors.
- Available in several color options.
- Also comes with a 4-inch throat protector.
- Relatively affordable for a complete gear pack.
- The helmet has sufficient padding for maximum impact protection.
- Highly adjustable to fit any child that is within the appropriate age.
- Chest protector also has some comfortable shoulder pads.
- The shin guards might not be long enough for taller kids.
- It uses Velcro straps that are not very durable and can easily come loose.
- The chest protector feels a little too large.
- There are some complaints about lack of visibility when wearing the mask.
You should never compromise on the quality of gear that you buy for your young catcher. The kind of gear that you buy will not only help to protect your little girl but can also encourage her to learn and become a better softball or baseball catcher. And Macgregor seems to understand this and they make this gear pack with the average little girl catcher in mind. Besides from being a complete set with everything that a catcher needs, the gear is also top notch quality and protective enough.
Everything from the helmet to the chest protector seems to have sufficient padding and is also highly adjustable to ensure your little girl gets a perfect fit. And so you will not regret buying this gear pack. The availability of many color options is also a great idea as it makes it easy to find something that matches your little girl’s team colors. Even if you consider the few shortcomings, this is still a top-notch catcher’s gear set and it will not cost much to buy.