- Rated 4.5 stars
- Mizuno GPL1250F1 Prospect Fastpitch Series Right Handed Throw Youth Softball Mitt Review
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
The GPL1250f1 Tartan Hilo is a fantastic 12.5-inch glove from Mizuno’s Prospect Series. It has full grain leather in its outer shell and soft one with PU lining on the inner section. This excellent glove also uses modern technologies such as ParaShock, PowerClose, and PowerLock to make it very comfortable and also to make it easy for a player to catch the ball. Other things such as MZO Lining and Thumb Cut also help to make this a top notch glove that every player will enjoy using.
Features and Design
- Material: This Mizuno glove has full-grain leather on the outside shell, and the inner section is soft leather. And this means that you can be sure that it will serve you for many years.
- Butter Soft Liner: The palm of this glove has a PU lining that gives it maximum comfort, a great feel and also increases the durability.
- ParaShock Palm: The pad on the palm uses ParaShock technology to give you an ideal comfort and also outstanding protection against repeated use.
- PowerClose Technology: This technology ensures the hinges on the glove are in a place where the softball player closes it, and this makes the catch easy.
- Thumb Cut: It has a thumb cut that that increases its flexibility and will also make it easier for a player to close the glove.
- MZO Lining: Most gloves have linings, but few are better than the MZO lining on the GPL1250f1 Tartan Hilo from Mizuno’s Prospect Series because it makes the glove very comfortable by dispersing the perspiration from your skin.
- PowerLock: PowerLock is one of the things that make Mizuno gloves a favorite of many players as it ensures that the glove is always secure in your hands.
- This glove has minimal shocks and zero stings.
- Opening and closing are very easy thanks to the hinge on the left side.
- Adjustable wrist makes it possible to fit the glove comfortably on small hands.
- Index finger hole increases glove comfort and also reduces the sting from catching throws.
- It is a very affordable softball glove.
- The Tartan Hilo is not as stiff as other gloves from different manufacturers.
- Unlike most others, it does not require a long break-in.
- The pocket on this glove is deep enough and splendid.
- Some players complain about the dry rotting and breaking lacing.
- Players with large hands may have issues with the small fitting.
- It is too soft, and this might affect its durability.
- Stringing through the web and fingers looks cheap.
- You might not get the opportunity to try it out before buying as it is not available in most local stores.
You can always trust Mizuno to produce top notch quality gloves and so if you are looking for something comfortable to help you catch throws and with no pain then you should always turn to this brand. The GPL1250f1 Tartan Hilo is one of the top gloves in the Mizuno Prospect Series, and you can trust it to help you catch the ball with little effort. This 12.5-inch glove has a fantastic wrist adjustment that will make it fit your hand perfectly. And if you add in the other advantages such as easy opening/closing and the affordable price tag then you have a perfect softball glove. But, this is not to say that it does not have flaws because some customers complain about things such as the lacing and the low-end appearance of the stringing through the web and fingers. However, the bottom line is that it is still one of best softball gloves even if you consider all its minor flaws.