- Rated 4.5 stars
- Mizuno World Win 34" Catcher's Mitt Gxc75 Review
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
Catchers looking for something affordable that will still give them an impressive performance should go for the GXC75 Mitt from Mizuno. It is a tanned retro leather glove, and so you can be sure of strength and durability. This 34-inch pro-sized Mitt uses ParaShock Technology to absorb pressure, and it has a closed back with a two-piece web design. Also, it has a game ready feel, and so you do not have to waste a lot of time trying to break it in, and it comes in a beautiful blonde and black shade.
Features and Design
- Material: This Mitt is a 100% leather material, and so you can be confident of using it for several seasons. The tanned retro leather is what gives it the impressive strength and durability.
- ParaShock Technology: The finger channels use the ParaShock technology that will absorb most of the pressure that come with catching balls and this, in turn, reduces the stress on your hand.
- Size: It is a pro-size 34-inch mitt that and it has an excellent fit for most adult professional players.
- Breaking-In: This fantastic glove has a soft and supple feel that will ensure that you will not have to consume a lot of time trying to break it in. In fact, you can get top performance from the glove straight from the box.
- Appearance: Appearance is always important when buying a best softball glove, but this should be the least of your worries with this mitt as it features an attractive blonde outer section and a black palm section.
- Web: The web in this glove is in two-piece design and closed.
- The top quality leather makes it a very durable catcher’s mitt.
- It is easy to break-in because it feels soft and supple from the box.
- This glove comes with a nice thick pocket that will make catching easy.
- The loud pop sound that it makes is perfect for boosting a catcher's confidence.
- GXC75 has an impressive overall look that all catchers will love.
- It is an affordable Mitt, and it is hard to find anything better at the same price.
- The ParaShock channels for the fingers help in shock absorption and hence reducing stress in the catcher’s hand.
- There are some complaints about the palm section not having enough padding.
- Just like any other mitt, it will lose form after a few seasons.
- Some catcher’s do not find the pocket deep enough.
- The lacing on the mitt may be better with some improvement.
Most catchers that use the pro-sized GXC75 Mitt from Mizuno seem to be happy with the service that they get. The blonde and black look is one of the first things that will draw most people to the glove as it is very attractive. But, the fact that its material is 100% leather is also something that will make players happy because it means that it is very durable.
Other things like the ParaShock technology, the pocket and the padding on the palm also seem to impress many players. And to make it even more fantastic, it is soft and supple, and this ensures that it will require minimal break-in. There are also almost no complaints at all from catchers that use it and so the bottom line is that it is an excellent mitt that will also not require you to part with a lot of cash to own.