- Rated 5 stars
- Rawlings Storm Alloy Fast Pitch Softball Bat Review
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
Rawlings is one of the most reputable companies in the manufacture of both fastpitch and softpitch softball bats. And so you can always trust them to make bats that cater for all types of players. The Rawlings Storm Alloy bat for fastpitch is an all association bat with certifications from ASA, USSSA, ISF, NSA, and ISA. This bat features a Hyper-Lite Aluminum alloy construction for speed and durability and X-Tended barrel design. It has a drop of -13 and a balanced swing weight that makes it easy to swings and a comfortable premium synthetic leather grip.
Features and Design
- X-Tended Barrel: The extended barrel design is one of the most impressive features of this bat as it also extends the sweet spot. And so you can always be sure of a maximum and easy to locate sweet spot
- Drop: It comes with a weight to length ratio of -13. But, it is available in various sizes which include 32 inches/19oz, 31inches/18oz and 30inches/17oz.
- Construction/Material: Rawlings makes this bat in a one-piece design, and they use 100% Hyper-Lite Aluminum alloy to make it durable and to ensure that players always get maximum swing speeds.
- Swing Weight: This fastpitch bat has a balanced weight distribution that makes it ideal for the contact hitters. The balanced weight distribution also makes it easy to handle and swing.
- Certification: It is an all association bat which means that you can use it in most tournaments in the USA. This softball bat will come with certification stamps from ASA, USSSA, ISF, NSA, and ISA.
- Grip: It comes with a premium synthetic leather grip. This synthetic leather is very durable, and it also provides a firm and very comfortable grip
- The ultra-light design ensures that you always get maximum swing speed.
- It has a balanced weight distribution to increase the speed and precision.
- Rawlings uses an extended barrel design to make the sweet spot easier to locate.
- The premium synthetic leather grip is firm and very comfortable on the hand.
- It has certification from the main organizations including ASA and USSSA.
- The one-piece construction minimizes vibrations and sting.
- It is available in various lengths and weight to ensure that you can get the size you desire.
- The color combinations will not appeal to all players.
- You still need to add some lizard skin to the grip.
- It will feel too balanced for the power hitters.
The extended barrel design on this softball bat is just fantastic. It makes the sweet spot easy to locate without putting in a lot of effort. Although this is the feature that most players will like most, there is still more to this bat than this. It is an easy to swing bat that requires almost no break-in, and you can always be sure of maximum speeds.
Also if you are looking for something that provides a firm and comfortable grip the Rawlings Storm Allow bat is an excellent pick. And to top all these exceptional features, it has a durable one-piece alloy construction. Although some players might not like the color combinations and the graphics, there are almost no other shortcomings on this bat. And so any fastpitch softball player looking for a -13 drop bat will love this one.